Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. It is also a very powerful editor that supports plugins to extend its already comprehensive built-in features and usability.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting and Folding
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expression) Search/Replace
- GUI entirely customizable
- Document Map
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
- Multi-Document (Tab interface)
- WYSIWYG (Printing)
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Macro recording and playback
- Launch with different arguments
Download page: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/
Version: v6.7.5 (10 Mar 2015)
1. Add ghost typing feature: launch Notepad++ with the auto-typing text from command line (via command line with argument -qn, -qt or -qf).
2. Fix auto-insert bad behaviour : under some condition typing ” or ‘ makes erase the further ” or ‘.
3. Fix the crash issue while user Ctrl + double click on an empty document.
4. Fix crash bug on loading dropbox settings.
5. Show progress window instead of a static window during FindInFiles and ReplaceInFiles.
6. Filename rendered incorrectly on tab bar while it contains ‘&’ character.
7. Make highlighting (if enabled) follow typing for Incremental search, and add several Incremental search enhancements.
8. Add the followings notifications for plugins : NPPN_BEFORESHUTDOWN NPPN_CANCELSHUTDOWN NPPN_FILEBEFORERENAME NPPN_FILERENAMECANCEL NPPN_FILERENAMED NPPN_FILEBEFOREDELETE NPPN_FILEDELETEFAILED NPPN_FILEDELETED
9. Make keystroke ENTER trigger the shortcut editor dialog in Shortcut Mapper.
10. Allow drop files onto doc switcher and other side panels.
11. Installer remembers user’s choices of last installation.
12. Fix Auto-indent in new code block not respecting current EOL bug.
13. Restore focus to editor when a panel is closed.