WordWeb is one of my favourite app that I used quite frequently on a day to day basis. If you have the same problem as me in which my laptop at my workplace is without administration right, then the portable version is the way around it. Another advantage is of course the flexible of carrying it around in a flash drive if required.
The brief steps is as below:
- Download the WordWeb install from http://wordweb.info/free/
- Run the installer.
- During the installation process, stop when you reached the “WordWeb Dictionary/Thesaurus Setup” point.
- Change the installation folder which in my case is “C:\Users\Steve\Programs” where ‘Steve’ is my Windows username.
- Click on the “Advanced Option” button and the “Install Options” box will appear.
- Click on the checkbox for the option labelled “Install as portable app (e.g. on USB drive)”.
- Proceed with the remaining steps of the installation and you are done.