Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. It is also a very powerful editor that supports plugins to extend its already comprehensive built-in features and usability.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting and Folding
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expression) Search/Replace
- GUI entirely customizable
- Document Map
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
- Multi-Document (Tab interface)
- WYSIWYG (Printing)
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Macro recording and playback
- Launch with different arguments
Download page: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/
Version: v6.8.6 (29 Oct 2015)
3. Improve the language detection at the beginning of file content.
4. Fix possible file corruption during macro playback.
5. Fix wrong EOL mode for opening/reloading big files.
6. Fix loading 3 bytes file error due to bad encoding detection (UTF16 w/o BOM).
7. Fix DocMap not updating issue when switching to user defined language or external lexer.
8. Fix reload file issue: document marked as unsaved after reloading.
9. Enhance the detection of EOL: if a document has no EOL for detecting, use EOL of new document settings.