Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. It is also a very powerful editor that supports plugins to extend its already comprehensive built-in features and usability.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting and Folding
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expression) Search/Replace
- GUI entirely customizable
- Document Map
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
- Multi-Document (Tab interface)
- WYSIWYG (Printing)
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Macro recording and playback
- Launch with different arguments
Download page: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/
Version: v6.9.0 (22 Feb 2016)
1. Add “Folder as Workspace” feature.
2. Fix Notepad++ hanging issue while user uses touchscreen to activate Notepad++ window.
3. HTML auto-close tag enhancement: Prevent <br>, <hr>, <img>, <link> and <meta> from being closed automatically.
4. Project enhancement: Allows user defined extension to associate workspace file.
5. Make behavior of SHIFT+END and SHIFT+HOME more consistent when word wrapping is enabled.
6. Add new API NPPM_SAVEFILE (for plugins) to save any file, not only the focused one.
7. Add file extensions for FreePascal/Lazarus pascal, lex (as C).