Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. It is also a very powerful editor that supports plugins to extend its already comprehensive built-in features and usability.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting and Folding
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expression) Search/Replace
- GUI entirely customizable
- Document Map
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
- Multi-Document (Tab interface)
- WYSIWYG (Printing)
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Macro recording and playback
- Launch with different arguments
Download page: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/
Version: v7.1.0 (16 Oct 2016)
1. Fix x64 crash on macro recording.
2. Fix x64 crash on new language dialog of UDL.
3. Check plugin architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) before loading.
4. Enhance Smart Highlighting feature: 1. match case 2. whole word only 3. use find dialog settings for both.
5. Fix poor performance of hex XML entities.
6. Reshow CallTip text on separator character.
7. Skip Auto-Complete self-closing HTML tags (<br>, <base>, <track>… etc).
8. Fix 2 UI issues for RTL layout.
9. Fix Folder as Workspace toolbar button inconsist behaviour.
10. Add option to skip word completion on numbers (default: ON).
11. Fix bookmarks toggled off’s bug.
12. Sort plugin menu by plugin name.
13. Installer: Add 64-bit/32-bit old install detection, and old installation removal ability.
14. Installer: Ask user for keeping user data during uninstallation.
15. Installer: Fix uninstaller bug to not remove themes files from APPDATA.