DBeaver is a free, multi-platform and universal database manager for developers, SQL programmers, database administrators and analysts. This software tool supports many databases including but not limited to:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IBM DB2
- MongoDB and etc.
General features includes:
- Connection manager
- Metadata browser
- SQL Editor
- Data viewer/editor
- Data/metadata search
- Database structure compare
- Data transfer (export/import)
- ER Diagrams
- Query Manager
- Extra views
- Driver manager
Download page: http://dbeaver.jkiss.org/download/
Version: v3.7.3 (29 Aug 2016)
– Result set UI was redesigned (panels)
– Results aggregation panel added
– Navigator filters management was improved
– ERD attributes view is now configurable (data type, icon, nullability)
– Object editor breadcrumbs UI was redesigned
– Advanced results copy was improved (row divider)
– Results metadata resolve was fixed (problem with SQL expressions was resolved)
– Run query from Query Manager view
– Enum data type editor was fixed
– Data export (CSV, XML and JSON) was fixed
– DBeaver projects export/import was fixed
– SQL parameters binding dialog was fixed
– SQL parser was updated (performance problem with complicated queries was resolved)
– SQL code completion now uses navigator filters
– DDL generation was improved (multiple objects support)
– Plaintext presentation was fixed (column reorder)
– SOCKS proxy support was improved (PostgreSQL)
– Support system variables in driver.xml file
– Oracle: TNS connection fixed
– Oracle: TNSNAMES custom path support
– PostgreSQL: struct data types support was fixed
– PostgreSQL: objects lookup was fixed
– MySQL: single line comments were fixed
– Many minor bugfixes and improvements
WordWeb is a one-click and off-line English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows that can look up words in almost any program.
- Definitions and synonyms
- Related words
- 5000 audio pronunciations
- 65 000 text pronunciations150 000 root words
- 120 000 synonym sets
Download page: http://wordweb.info/cgi-bin/geoip/wordweb.exe
Version: v8.03a (15 Aug 2016)
– 8.03a fixed issue with keyboard commands in v8.03
– About 100 new words, definitions and updates
– Ctrl+Number shortcut to switch reference tab (e.g. Ctrl+2 for second tab)
– Much faster display of some definitions in Chambers add-on dictionary
– Support for Crossword Compiler 10 Unicode word list format
CCleaner is a must have Windows application to clean your windows PC:
- Easy to use
- Free out disk spaces (delete temporary files that are not deleted automatically)
- Protect your privacy (delete your browsing history, cookies etc)
- Makes your computer run faster (cleans up unused files and settings which take up hard drive space making computer slower and slower)
Download page: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
Version: v5.21.5700 (16 Aug 2016)
– Improved Chrome 52 History and Cache cleaning.
– Updated DOMStore cookie cleaning.
– Improved Auto-Update checking process.
– Improved crash reporting architecture.
– Updated Xilisoft Video Converter cleaning.
– Improved localization and language support.
– Minor GUI improvements.
– Minor bug fixes.
WPS Office is the perfect free office suite for the home or student:
- Includes Writer, Presentation and Spreadsheets
- Instantly familiar and easy to use user interface
- Fully compatible with Microsoft Office (supports docx, pptx and xlsx)
- 100% free for home or student use
- Supports English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and German
Download page: https://www.wps.com/wps-office-personal
License: Freeware (for home and student)
Version: v10.1.0.5671 (09 Aug 2016)
– Added “Eye Protection Mode” option to the classic interface of WPS Writer and WPS Spreadsheets.
– Support for converting PDF to DOC/DOCX (Special Features -> PDF to Word), plus split and merge PDF files.
– Support for showing and hiding crop marks (Options->View->Show crop marks).
– Added a “Phonetic Guide” entry.
– Bug Fix: Quotation marks no longer counted as words by the Word Count feature.
– For languages other than English, changed the default web page encoding to UTF8.
– Ruler measurement units now use system settings.
mRemoteNG is multi-protocol remote connections manager that allows you to view and manage all of your remote connections in a simple yet powerful tabbed interface.
mRemoteNG supports the following protocols:
- RDP (Remote Desktop/Terminal Server)
- VNC (Virtual Network Computing)
- ICA (Citrix Independent Computing Architecture)
- SSH (Secure Shell)
- Telnet (TELecommunication NETwork)
- HTTP/HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
- Raw Socket Connections
Download page: http://www.mremoteng.org/download
License: Free (open source)
Version: v1.74 (28 Jun 2016)
– Converted source from Visual Basic to C Sharp
– Lots of code refactoring/clean up/general stability changes
– MR-714: Removed Keyboard shortcut functionality
Introduced in 1.73 beta that was never officially released
This caused stability issues
May be re-added in a future release
Removal does NOT impact the ability to send keyboard shortcuts to RDP sessions (when redirect key combinations is set to “yes”)
– MR-559: Removed RDP Sessions panel functionality. This required a library for which no trusted origin/source could be located
– Removed a bunch of old code/libraries and replaced them accordingly
– MR-775, MR-745: Updated PuTTY to 0.67
– Updated to latest DockPanelSuite and enabled a slick new theme!
– MR-145: Installer is now MSI based
– MR-255: Updated RDP Client to version 8
– MR-389: Updates to IE rendering engine
Support for latest version of IE (9-11)
Dropped support for IE 7 & IE 8
– MR-850: Replaced XULRunner with GeckoFx
No need to manually configure to have the Gecko rendering engine available now
Install image is now significantly larger due to the inclusion of the Gecko Engine
– MR-821: Initial Japanese translation included
– Port Scan is now Asynchronous (and is significantly faster)
– MR-884: Slow startup in some scenarios checking authenticode certificate
– MR-872: Crash in External Tools when arguments aren’t quoted
– MR-854: crashes when right clicking on connection tab
– MR-852: Option “Allow only a single instance of the application” non-functional
– MR-836: Trying to delete a folder of connections only deletes 2 connections at a time
– MR-824, MR-706: Suppress Script Errors when using the IE rendering engine
– MR-822: Improve RDP error code messages
– MR-640: Fixed Inheritance not working
– MR-639: RDP: Connect to console session
– MR-610, MR-582, MR-451: RDP: Protocol Error 3334 or exceptions with large number of connections open
This problem appears largely resolved by most reports and testing
Further workarounds/problem avoidance: Disable Bitmap Caching on all RDP session configuration
– MR-429: Display issue on the Options -> Advanced panel
– MR-385: Inheritance settings lost when moving item to the root of the tree